The Release is currently accepting submissions for publication consideration. Please keep in mind that this is a literary magazine and our focus is on showcasing different forms of creative writing. Use the form below to upload your submission. We look forward to reading your work.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns or questions.
- We only accept submissions for work that has not been published previously.
- We take simultaneous submissions, however writers must inform us – by emailing email@example.com – if their submission has been accepted by another publication first so that we may withdraw it from consideration for our magazine.
- Fiction, mixed genre and nonfiction pieces should be no more than 3,000 words.
- Flash fiction pieces should be no more than 1,000 words.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines.
- The Release encourages its audience to use writing as a vehicle to find liberation from life's troubles. The message is simple: A story that's therapeutic for the writer can also be inspirational to the reader.Submit Your Work »
Interested in writing for The Release? We would love to hear from you. Submit your best creative writing work – including but not limited to: commentary (i.e. essays), fiction, mixed genre, nonfiction and poetry – for publication consideration. Please allow 4-6 weeks for a response to your submission.
Please read the following disclaimer:
By submitting your writing you are agreeing to The Release Magazine's terms of service, which state that you relinquish rights to monetary compensation for work published on this website.